    SubjectRe: getting false SIGTRAP breakpoints in kernel i.e. kernel hung unless gdb remotely attached on x86 & cont is issued
    Hi Jason,
    The problem I believe is very reproducable.
    I'm doing nothing special with kgdb just using it to help me with
    3g modem driver development & my driver wasn't loaded when the problem occured.
    I have the following command in my /boot/grub/menu.lst kernel parameter to enable gdb.
    kgdboc=/dev/ttyS0,115200 maxcpus=1

    And when I do the steps mentioned when in a console I get a message waiting for gdb to attach
    I'm familiar with kgdb, have been using it for years & know enough to be sure this is undesired behaviour.

    --
    best regards,
    D.J. Barrow

      Last update: 2008-09-17 16:23    [W:0.036 / U:64.572 seconds]