SubjectRe: Driver for tightly coupled memory
Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> What sort of hardware/software interface does the TCM provide? You mentioned
> that it could be accessed even while main memory is being accessed - what does
> that look like from the software level?

Well I should ask the details to the hardware engineers but it's like a
separate channel than the one used for main memory. It is not cacheable
either. To the CPU, it just appears to be mapped at some location on the
addressable space. Accessing this TCM will not have any impact on main
memory access, so bursts etc won't be interrupted; other than that, TCM
has double the bandwidth than standard memory - but it's tiny in size,
something like 8 to 32kB as I mentioned earlier.

Hope I was clear enough, feel free to ask me more details if you need

bye
as

  Last update: 2008-09-17 07:31    [W:0.073 / U:1.080 seconds]