    SubjectRe: [linux-dvb] Multiproto API/Driver Update
    On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Markus Rechberger wrote:

    >>> The initial set of DVB-S2 multistandard devices supported by the
    >>> multiproto tree is follows. This is just the stb0899 based dvb-s2 driver
    >>> alone. There are more additions by 2 more modules (not devices), but for
    >>> the simple comparison here is the quick list of them, for which some of
    >>> the manufacturers have shown support in some way. (There has been quite
    >>> some contributions from the community as well.):
    >>>
    >>> (Also to be noted is that, some BSD chaps also have shown interest in
    >>> the same)
    >>>

    >> they're heavy into moving the whole framework over as far as I've seen
    >> yes, also including yet unmerged drivers.
    >

    > Using the same interface, the same applications will work there as well
    > which is a bonus, but isn't the existing user interface GPL ? (A bit
    > confused on that aspect)
    >

    >>> * STB0899 based
    >>>
    >>> Anubis
    >>> Typhoon DVB-S2 PCI
    >>>
    >>> Azurewave/Twinhan
    >>> VP-1041
    >>> VP-7050
    >>>
    >>> Digital Now
    >>> AD SP400
    >>> AD SB300
    >>>
    >>> KNC1
    >>> TV Station DVB-S2
    >>> TV Station DVB-S2 Plus
    >>>
    >>> Pinnacle
    >>> PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB 452e
    >>>
    >>> Satelco
    >>> TV Station DVB-S2
    >>> Easywatch HDTV USB CI
    >>> Easywatch HDTV PCI
    >>>
    >>> Technisat
    >>> Skystar HD
    >>> Skystar HD2
    >>> Skystar USB2 HDCI
    >>>
    >>> Technotrend
    >>> TT S2 3200
    >>> TT S2 3600
    >>> TT S2 3650
    >>>
    >>> Terratec
    >>> Cinergy S2 PCI HD
    >>> Cinergy S2 PCI HDCI
    >>>

    >> those are pullable now against the current tree?
    >

    > These devices, depend upon the DVB API update without which it wouldn't
    > work as they depend heavily on the DVB API framework. Without the
    > updated framework, it doesn't make any sense to pull them: they won't
    > even compile. The last but not least reason is that, the stb0899 driver
    > is a DVB-S2 multistandard device which requires DVB-S2/DSS support
    > additionally.

    so the framework is available, and the drivers could be pushed in
    right afterwards, I wonder
    who is willing to port those drivers to the other API (including testing).
    It's not going to happen any time soon I guess, if there's not an
    agreement with Manu's
    work. Dumping this code would show another step of ignorance and
    selfishness against the
    people who worked on it.

    Markus

      Last update: 2008-09-14 17:41    [W:0.036 / U:29.804 seconds]