    SubjectREGRESSION: Sound's decreasing when headphones are plugged
    Hi!

    I've got a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and I've got a sound issue since
    the kernel 2.6.26 upgrade.

    The sound works fine with the laptop speakers, but when I plug my
    headphones the sound is decreasing until there's nothing to hear. The
    decrease lasts less than 10 seconds. I use ALSA, KDE4 (but the same is
    in clean console) and my sound module is snd_hda_intel.

    When I unplug the headphones the sound doesn't come back. Alsamixer
    says that the level is on top but I can't hear anything.

    The only way to make it work is to restart the computer. Restarting
    the alsa daemon doesn't work.

    I think that it might come from the new kernel since it used to work
    before. It also doesn't work with 2.6.27-rc6-git2, but works with
    2.6.25.17.

    Also, there's no info in dmesg whet I plug/unplug the headphones,
    although I've compiled it with ALSA debug.

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2008-09-12 22:17    [W:0.022 / U:118.764 seconds]