Subjectudev and inotify

after I have tried it in different webboards and also in different mailing lists from without success I afraid I have to ask my question here (guessing that it is definitely the wrong mailing list):

I have compiled a special kernel without inotify and dnotify because the target system is very static and doesn't needs them (but kernel size is important on that system).

Unfortunately now I get an error message from udev that inotify is missing and therefore udev can't check if its cofiguration files change (what never will happen on that system).

So my question is: how do I get rid of that error message? Can I set a udev option somewhere that turns it off? It is verty irritating for users because it displays an error that is no error...