    SubjectRe: Kernel oops with 2.6.26, padlock and ipsec: probably problem with fpu state changes
    On Friday 08 August 2008, Suresh Siddha wrote:
    > On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:09:46PM -0700, Wolfgang Walter wrote:
    > > I don't know though why kernel_fpu_begin exactly fixes the problem:
    > because it prevents taking a DNA fault inside the kernel (resulting
    > in TS_USEDFPU not set).
    > >
    > > Maybe preemption must be disabled when padlocks RNG, ACE, Hash-engine etc.
    > > used. Maybe just some barrier is needed which preempt_disable provides.
    > problem can happen even when preemption is disabled.
    > > What should I do now?
    > I will post your fix(including the other usages) with the appropriate
    > shortly.

    By the way, if padlock is used from userspace, could this be aproblem, too? I
    mean not via the kernel crypto layer but directly. I think these extensions
    are not restricted to a privileged user.

    Wolfgang Walter
    Studentenwerk München
    Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts
    Leiter EDV
    Leopoldstraße 15
    80802 München
    Tel: +49 89 38196-276
    Fax: +49 89 38196-144

      Last update: 2008-08-09 01:13    [W:0.044 / U:4.392 seconds]