    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL]: firmware patches for building firmware into kernel
    Hello Dave,

    On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 14:21 -0400, David Dillow wrote:
    > On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 23:04 +0530, Jaswinder Singh wrote:
    > > Hello David Dillow,

    > > > If this is the last patch you sent to the list, I think there are still
    > > > locking bugs in it. I was short on time, so I didn't give it a full
    > > > review, but I remember seeing problems. I'll try to give it some time
    > > > tonight, if Andrew doesn't beat me to it.
    > >
    > > This is updated and revised patch.
    >
    > I just looked at the tree; it still has locking issues, and needs
    > further review. You must protect the list from modification while you
    > iterate it looking for an match on the requested firmware. Also, was it
    > legal to call release_firmware() from an atomic context? It can now
    > sleep, which may be an issue...

    Ok, I will revise it thanks.

    > > > This is untested -- again, no time over the weekend -- and I'd rather
    > > > not have it go upstream until has been verified.
    > >
    > > This is also updated and revised patch.
    >
    > Please drop that patch from the series for now; I'm not happy with it,
    > as it reintroduces things I've asked be changed.

    You mean this :

    + /*
    + * Need to check request_firmware should be called only once
    + * so you don't leak memory if there is more than one NIC.
    + * Need to check if PCI probing gets multi-threaded as
    + * mutex is used while loading the firmware.
    + */
    + if (typhoon_fw != NULL) {
    + err = typhoon_init_firmware(tp);

    This is not required now, As I already fixed request_firmware.

    So it is replaced by :

    + err = typhoon_init_firmware(tp);

    Do you think we still need above comments ?

    Thanks you,

    Jaswinder Singh.