Subject[ANNOUNCE] ACM Operating Systems Review issue on the Linux Kernel available
We are pleased to announce the availability of the ACM Operating
Systems Review special topics Issue on Research and developments in
the Linux Kernel. It is available, for free, from the ACM Archives
site:

http://portal.acm.org/toc.cfm?id=1400097

Included are 12 papers about the advances that have been merged or are
candidates to be merged into the Linux kernel, as well as new idea
papers discussing promising experimental work.

* Minding the gap: R&D in the Linux kernel
by Muli Ben-Yehuda, Eric Van Hensbergen, Marc Fiuczynski
* Introducing technology into the Linux kernel: a case study
by Paul E. McKenney, Jonathan Walpole
* Extending futex for kernel to user notification
by Helge Bahmann, Konrad Froitzheim
* Plan 9 authentication in Linux
by Ashwin Ganti
* Towards achieving fairness in the Linux scheduler
by Chee Siang Wong, Ian Tan, Rosalind Deena Kumari, Fun Wey
* I/O resource management through system call scheduling
by Silviu S. Craciunas, Christoph M. Kirsch, Harald Röck
* PipesFS: fast Linux I/O in the unix tradition
by Willem de Bruijn, Herbert Bos
* CUBIC: a new TCP-friendly high-speed TCP variant
by Sangtae Ha, Injong Rhee, Lisong Xu
* On the design of a new Linux readahead framework
by WU Fengguang, XI Hongsheng, XU Chenfeng
* Practical techniques for purging deleted data using liveness information
by David Boutcher, Abhishek Chandra
* virtio: towards a de-facto standard for virtual I/O devices
by Rusty Russell
* Virtual servers and checkpoint/restart in mainstream Linux
by Sukadev Bhattiprolu, Eric W. Biederman, Serge Hallyn, Daniel Lezcano

On behalf of my co-editors, I would like to extend our thanks to the
many authors who submitted papers, including the ones we were unable
to include in this issue, for the time and effort they put into their
submissions. We would also like to thank the members of our Editorial
Committee who did a very thorough job of evaluating the submissions
and who also shared shepherding responsibilities for the accepted
papers. Listed in alphabetical order, the Editorial Committee is:

* Patrick Bridges (University of New Mexico)
* Angela Demke Brown (University of Toronto)
* Hubertus Franke (IBM Research)
* Oren Laadan (Columbia University)
* Paul McKenney (IBM Linux Technology Center)
* Chris Mason (Oracle)
* Ron Minnich (Sandia National Laboratory)
* Stephen C. Tweedie (Red Hat)
* Chris Wright (Red Hat)
* Pete Wyckoff (Ohio Supercomputer Center)

The editorial committee was ably assisted by the following external reviewers:
* Sapan Bhatia (Princeton University)
* Eli Brosh (Columbia University)
* Fernando Laudares Camargos (Universite de Sherbrooke)
* Steven Muir (Vanu)
* Ram Pai (IBM Linux Technology Center)
* David Pressoto (Google)
* Edi Shmueli (IBM Haifa Research Lab)
* Ben-Ami Yassour (IBM Haifa Research Lab)

We would also like to thank the Operating Systems Review editor,
Jeanna Matthews, and ACM SIGOPS for supporting a special topics issue
on the Linux Kernel -- and ACM for making the issue freely available.

Best regards,

Eric Van Hensbergen, Muli Ben-Yehuda, and Marc Fiuczynski
co-editors of this special topic OSR issue

  Last update: 2008-08-07 20:37    [W:0.046 / U:0.128 seconds]