    SubjectRe: Too many I/O controller patches

    > I think that OOM problems caused by memory/cache systems.
    > So, it will be better that I/O controller created out of these problems
    > first, although a lateness of the I/O device would be related.
    > If these problem can be resolved, its technique should be applied into
    > normal I/O control as well as cgroups.

    Yes, this is one of the problems linux kernel still has, which should
    be solved.

    But I believe this should be done in the linux memory management layer
    including the cgroup memory controller, which has to work correctly
    on any type of device with various access speeds.

    I think it's better that I/O controllers should only focus on flow of
    I/O requests. This approach will keep the implementation of linux
    kernel simple.

    > Buffered write I/O is also related with cache system.
    > We must consider this problem as I/O control.
    > I don't have a good way which can resolve this problems.

    Thank you,
    Hirokazu Takahashi.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-05 14:05    [W:0.018 / U:29.444 seconds]