    SubjectRe: Problems with disk + network on
    Ok so the pdc202xx_old hardware flakes out when you have very high
    network load (I'd guess in fact very high bus traffic).

    The actual log is the disk I/O timing out, then the drive being busy
    (probably due to the timeout and a DMA transfer getting stuck). We reset
    it and carry on.

    Libata happens to log this a lot more visibly than old kernels which is
    useful but does mean people sometimes don't notice.

    The rest then fits - the freeze I'd expect as we block I/O while trying
    to get the drive back.

    Doubt the Nvidia module is involved as I'd then expect problems under
    high graphical load but you can certainly test that. I don't suppose
    you've got a spare PCI network card you could try instead to see if it is
    the network card bits ?

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-04 23:05    [W:0.020 / U:86.804 seconds]