SubjectRe: kbuild now support arch/$ARCH/include - time for ARCHs to convert
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Greg Ungerer wrote:
> Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> > > I just tried moving the include/asm-m68knommu directory
> > > to arch/m68knommu/include/asm and it all worked fine.
> > > Clean compile first go :-) Nice. (As noted
> > > asm-offsets.h was still generated in incldue/asm-m68knommu
> > > afterwards though).
> > >
> > > So what is the status, should I prepare git/patch
> > > for Linus?
> > Yes please do so.
>
> The move change can be pulled from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git for-linus
>
> If there is no complaints I'll send Linus a pull request in a
> couple of days time.

I did:

mkdir arch/m68k/include
mv include/asm-m68k arch/m68k/include/asm

and m68k still builds fine (I applied Stephen's patch for the
asm-sparc inclusion problem for Sun 3/3x first, of course).

As (a) I'm not using git (yet) for merging with Linus, and (b) this will
cause some breakage in the m68knommu tree anyway, perhaps it's easiest if Greg
takes care of it in m68knommu.git?

Greg, is that OK for you?
You can add my Acked-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>

There seem to be 3 classes of m68knommu header files:
1. Plain files (some of them may be (nearly) identical copies of the
m68k variants,
2. Files that just include the m68k variant,
3. Files that include the m68k variant and do something more (pci.h and
setup.h).

Since I don't think we want to do the m68k/m68knommu merge right now
(Sorry Arnd, I'll keep your script in mind anyway!), the simplest way is to:
- Remove all files from class 2, and add to the Makefile:

ccflags-y += -Iarch/m68k/include

- Include verbatim the contents of the m68k variant for class 3, cfr.
Stephen patch for the asm-sparc inclusion problem for Sun 3/3x).

Do you agree?

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2008-08-03 22:19    [W:0.157 / U:0.204 seconds]