    SubjectRe: SLUB/debugobjects locking (Re: 2.6.27-rc4-git1: Reported regressions from 2.6.26)
    On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Daniel J Blueman
    <daniel.blueman@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> I tried your suggestion of promoting the lock to irq-safe, and it
    >> fixed the warning for me (didn't get or look for deadlocks yet, but it
    >> seems likely that it is caused by the same thing?), the patch is
    >> attached for reference.
    >>
    >> I also don't know if this is the best fix, but I also don't have any
    >> other (better) suggestions.
    >>
    >> Others are welcome to pick it up from here...
    >
    > The solution looks like is needs to get the lock ordering correct
    > w.r.t. SLUB, as we get this, alas:

    > [ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
    > 2.6.27-rc4-229c-debug #1

    Hm. Is this with my first patch + the one in the e-mail you replied
    to? It was intended to be a delta patch on top of my first one.

    That would be the one in

    plus the one in

    Thanks for testing and sorry for the confusion. (Maybe I just confused
    myself. Please let me know either way.)

    Vegard

    --
    "The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
    the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it

      Last update: 2008-08-28 15:45    [W:0.024 / U:29.412 seconds]