    SubjectRe: SLUB/debugobjects locking (Re: 2.6.27-rc4-git1: Reported regressions from 2.6.26)
    On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Daniel J Blueman
    <> wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Vegard Nossum <> wrote:
    >> I tried your suggestion of promoting the lock to irq-safe, and it
    >> fixed the warning for me (didn't get or look for deadlocks yet, but it
    >> seems likely that it is caused by the same thing?), the patch is
    >> attached for reference.
    >> I also don't know if this is the best fix, but I also don't have any
    >> other (better) suggestions.
    >> Others are welcome to pick it up from here...
    > The solution looks like is needs to get the lock ordering correct
    > w.r.t. SLUB, as we get this, alas:
    > [ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
    > 2.6.27-rc4-229c-debug #1

    Hm. Is this with my first patch + the one in the e-mail you replied
    to? It was intended to be a delta patch on top of my first one.

    That would be the one in

    plus the one in

    Thanks for testing and sorry for the confusion. (Maybe I just confused
    myself. Please let me know either way.)

    "The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
    the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it
    disguises that the error is the programmer's own creation."
    -- E. W. Dijkstra, EWD1036

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-28 15:45    [W:0.029 / U:29.828 seconds]