    SubjectRe: pull request: wireless-2.6 2008-08-26
    Date
    On Wednesday 27 August 2008, Tomas Winkler wrote:
    > > should use Linux upstream as your development tree and then branch off
    > > of that for the internal stabilisation trees you need for other
    > > customers, rather than having some sort of internal development tree and
    > > branching out Linux upstream as you appear to work.
    >
    > Unfortunately fixing bugs on stable branch take precedence of
    > adjusting to new API on development branch that someone decided to do.
    > I wanted to work directly on wireless testing but it was broken over
    > an over and I have only limited resources more in testing then in
    > development I just had to branch out to be ready with the driver when
    > HW is out. People just check the immediate impact of they fix the
    > don't test for collateral damage and this is understandable an
    > individual developer doesn't have lab with IBSS, BSS, AP, etc setups.

    I think it would be an advantage for you to develop in wireless-testing
    and use wireless-2.6 and probably additionally some internal trees as
    stable trees. Like everybody else does it.

    The advantage is simple: You get more people testing your code.

      Last update: 2008-08-27 15:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.212 seconds]