SubjectRe: 2.6.27-rc3-git6 iwl3945 driver drops packets with WEP enabled
From
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:27:02 -0600 (MDT)
> jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com wrote:
>

>> On an Acer 9410 laptop with dual core processors, the iwl3945 driver has
>> intermittment receiver lockup problems (stops receiving packets) using
>> the
>> Linux iwl3945 drivers with WEP encryption enbaled. The adapter works
>> fine
>> without WEP or WPA. If the same system is booted to Windows Vista
>> (which
>> takes about 15 minutes to boot because Vista is a fat slow pig) the
>> wireless drivers work fine with WEP under Vista on the same system.
>>
>> If the system copies the ndis .sys drivers and I build ndiswrapper
>> (which
>> has to be really hacked up to build on 2.6.27) and use the ndis drivers
>> on
>> 2.6.27-rc3 with a modified ndiswrapper, they work fine.
>>
>> I suspect the firmware or an interaction with the firmware settings
>> since
>> when the system is booted to Vista after running 2.6.27-rc3 with the
>> iwl3945 drivers, I have to power cycle the system periodically after
>> running the iwl3945 driver to get the drivers under Vista to work again,
>> but not always.
>>

> (cc linux-wireless)
>
> Was 2.6.26 OK?

No. 2.6.26 It was actually a little worse, and the git6 was an
improvement since I was at least able to get past DHCP and obtain an
address, after which is died. The failure is the driver stops receiving
packets, and if you rmmod/modprobe (reload) the driver , then it will work
again and lock up immediately following 'dhclient <interface>'. tcpdump
-n -i <if> will work hit or miss before the lockup.

Jeff

  Last update: 2008-08-21 06:55    [W:0.035 / U:0.300 seconds]