commit e587cadd8f47e202a30712e2906a65a0606d5865
Author: Mathieu Desnoyers <>
Date: Thu Mar 6 08:48:49 2008 -0500

x86: enhance DEBUG_RODATA support - alternatives

By reverting this commit I don't get the OOPS anymore. I have
tested with 2.6.26-rc1 and latest Linus tree (2.6.27-rc3).

What puzzles me though is that a similar problem happens with
QEMU, but it also OOPSes with kernels before 2.6.26-rc1,
reverting the patch above makes no difference and it works with
current Linus tree.

Does this look like a kernel bug?

All my tests have been done with vanilla kernels, but I have
built .iso installation images with them and I'm not sure of
what the build script does.

Thanks for reading this.

Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino