    SubjectRe: Power management for SCSI
    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > Would it make sense to split the patches into "autosuspend for SCSI
    > devices" and "autosuspend for SCSI controllers" for easier
    > review/merge? I guess I'll start with the devices, they seem easier...

    It really should be split up differently. The topics of interest are:

    idle detection for SCSI devices,

    autosuspend for SCSI targets and its relation to suspend
    for SCSI devices,

    passing suspend & resume notifications to the transport class,

    adding a USB transport class so that usb-storage can respond
    to those notifications,

    modifying other transport classes as needed so that the LLDs
    can power-down links or host adapters.

    I think that covers it. Oliver may have some additional suggestions.

    Alan Stern

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-19 16:35    [W:0.037 / U:13.088 seconds]