Date wrote on 2008-08-18 17:15:00:

> > On async notification we fire a message to everything that registered
> > 'simultaneously.' On blocking we fire a message to everything in
> > priority order and block until we get a response. That response
> > be of the form ALLOW/DENY and should include "mark result"/"don't mark
> > result."
> No can do - you get stuck with recursive events with the virus checker
> trying to stop the indexer from indexing a worm.

And the opposite approach can't work because the AV scanner + the index
need the HSM to do its work before they can scan.

I guess the only way it could work is to have levels:
HSM agent is Level 1
AV scanner is Level 2
Index scanner is Level 3

When you register at Level N, you are excluded from all blocking/scanning
at Levels >= N,
but your ops are still passed to Level < N.

An example is a little hard to craft because HSM and indexing catch
different operations. :-)

Douglas Leeder

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon,
OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.

Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.

 \ /
  Last update: 2008-08-18 18:57    [W:0.018 / U:0.600 seconds]