    SubjectRe: [malware-list] TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
    > According to Eric Paris the clean/dirty state is only stored in
    > memory. We could use the extended attribute interface as a way of not
    > defining a new system call, or some other interface, but I'm not sure
    > it's such a great match given that the extended attributes interface
    > are designed for persistent data.

    This is another application layer matter. At the end of the day why does
    the kernel care where this data is kept. For all we know someone might
    want to centralise it or even distribute it between nodes on a clustered
    file system.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-15 11:13    [W:0.020 / U:21.056 seconds]