SubjectRe: request->ioprio
On Wednesday 13 August 2008 17:06:03 Fernando Luis Vázquez Cao wrote:
> Besides, I guess that accessing the io context information (such as
> ioprio) of a request through elevator-specific private structures is not
> something we want virtio_blk (or future users) to do.

The only semantic I assumed was "higher is better". The server (ie. host) can
really only use the information to schedule between I/Os for that particular
guest anyway.

But it sounds like I should be passing "0" in there unconditionally until the
kernel semantics are sorted out and I can do something more intelligent? I
haven't checked, but I assume that's actually what's happening at the moment
(the field is zero)?