    SubjectRe: TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
    On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 05:24:37PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > So, what is it that anti-malware companies do? They scan files. That's
    > > it.
    >
    > Good so lets instead have a discussion about making the file event
    > notification more scalable. That is the same thing I want for content
    > indexing. It is the same thing you want for certain kinds of smart
    > archiving, for on-line asynchronous backup and other stuff.

    Also for hierachial storage management, which also shares they other
    requirement with the AV crowd that it want to be able to block the
    calling process until the notification is ACKed (for recalling data
    from offline media).

    > It ought to be a simple clean syscall interface.

    I was wondering whether to piggy-back on the audit code was the best
    idea here..

      Last update: 2008-08-13 19:09    [W:0.021 / U:1.540 seconds]