    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Power management for SCSI
    Date
    Am Mittwoch 13 August 2008 17:44:46 schrieb Alan Stern:
    > > All children that are USB must be powered down. We know in fact that most
    > > drives don't care that the device is suspended. The problem was drive
    > > enclosures that cut power upon suspension losing cached data.
    >
    > You misunderstood my question.  Are there SCSI transports other than
    > USB sharing the requirement that all child devices must be suspended
    > before the link can be powered down?

    I dispute that USB in general has this property. Some storage devices
    need their caches flushed. USB itself is perfectly happy with autosuspending
    the storage device (host) without telling the disks (devices)

    You could even argue that these storage devices violate the USB spec.

    Regards
    Oliver