    SubjectRe: cpufreq doesn't seem to work in Intel Q9300
    On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 21:44 -0700, S K wrote:
    > >> So I'm guessing this is a kernel bug.
    > > >From the attached acpidump it seems that there is no definition of
    > > _PCT,_PSS, _PPC. So acpi_cpufreq driver can't be used on your machine.
    > > This is a BIOS issue.
    >
    > Yakui, Did you actually check if the above was true?
    Yes. There is no definition of _PSS,_PCT,_PPC in DSDT table, which are
    required by acpi_cpufreq driver.At the same time there is no extra SSDT
    table.

    > > But it is very strange that cpufreq scaling can work on Windows XP.
    > > Will you please try the P4 clock cpufreq driver and see whether the
    > > scaling can work ? In fact P4 clock cpufreq driver is already replaced
    > > by acpi_cpufreq driver for the latest cpu.
    > > Anyway please try p4 clock cpufreq driver.
    >
    > What is the name of the driver? I'm not able to find any such driver
    > in Fedora 9 installed modules. There is only acpi-cpufreq and powernow-k8.
    The driver is P4-clockmod, which is located in the directory of
    arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq

    > Also, If someone doesn't mind, can they tell me what all files I need to
    > replace in Fedora 9 once I get a kernel.org kernel compiled? I know
    > how to edit grub.conf,
    > and that I should replace vmlinuz, but do I need to replace initrd too?
    Maybe you should enable "CONFIG_X86_P4_CLOCKMOD" in kernel configuration
    and compile a new kernel.
    thanks.

    > Thanks,
    > SK

      Last update: 2008-08-11 07:13    [W:0.021 / U:0.404 seconds]