SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25.10
On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 09:54:22AM +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:
> > The release notes are there in the shortlog in the email announcement
> > and full Changelog on the kernel.org site for exactly what specifically
> > was fixed:
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.25.10
> >
> > If you have any specific questions about any of the individual changes,
> > please let us, and the developers who made those fixes know.
>
> Sometimes I have to backport bugfixes to older kernels. In that case
> it's important to know in which kernel version the bug was introduced.
> This info is included for some of the bugfix patches in the changelog,
> but not for all.

That's because sometimes no one digs through the code to find this out.
I would recommend using 'git blame' to determine this if it is something
that you need to have.

But for the most part, -stable doesn't really care about older kernel
versions, we have to draw the line somewhere, sorry.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2008-07-09 04:33    [W:0.165 / U:0.460 seconds]