SubjectRe: [BUG] While changing the cpufreq governor, kernel hits a bug in workqueue.c
Hi Johannes,
>>> [ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
>>> 2.6.25.7.cpufreq_patch #2
[...]
>> Okay, the problem is in cpufreq_conservative.c. We
>> cancel_delayed_work_sync() while holding the mutex, but the work itself
>> tries to grab it and there it deadlocks; lockdep caught that right.
>>
>> The hunk for _ondemand is correct, but the one for _conservative is
>> obviously wrong, sorry :/
>>
>> I will whip something up and get back to you. Thanks a lot for
>> testing!
>
> Could you try the attached patch instead of the one above?
>
> Dave, I dropped the mutex-grabbing from the conservative worker function
> as well as I don't see a reason for it, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Hannes

The script is running now for more than 6 hours successfully, I will
continue this and let you know if there are any failures.

* I am seeing the circular locking dependency with the above patch too.

Thanks!!
Regards
R.Nageswara Sastry

  Last update: 2008-07-07 11:53    [W:0.078 / U:1.440 seconds]