SubjectRe: alphabetic ordering of MAINTAINERS
Hi Paul,

Paul Mundt wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 08:57:22AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-K?nig wrote:
> > Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > > What good does alphabetic ordering? You'll grep it anyway.
> > This is fine for me, too. Then I suggest to remove the section
> >
> > Note: For the hard of thinking, this list is meant to remain in alphabetical
> > order. If you could add yourselves to it in alphabetical order that would be
> > so much easier [Ed]
> >
> > . That's why I posted before spending time on writing a clever script.
> >
> I always interpreted this to mean that the _entries_ are alphabetically
> sorted, not the maintainers under each entry. IIRC, Alan has already
> cleaned up most of the ordering of the entries through recent patches.
That's how I interpret it, too. :-)

Look at

http://www.modarm9.com/git/people/ukleinek/linux-2.6.git?a=commitdiff;h=62110fbc73a9d3a4c7d39706b648b554b517f154#patch1

.

Best regards
Uwe

--
Uwe Kleine-König, Software Engineer
Digi International GmbH Branch Breisach, Küferstrasse 8, 79206 Breisach, Germany