    SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
    On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:37:34AM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
    > Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > > but as soon as someone puts an email address into a kernel commit
    > > Google will anyway find it:
    >
    > This doesn't justify what Jon did though.
    >
    > Jon created a new database out of formerly disparate datasets, even
    > though we didn't provide him these datasets for this purpose. The fact
    > that the means to create this database are rather trivial and cheap do
    > not mean that we implicitly agreed to what he did or that it wouldn't
    > matter whether we agree to it or not.

    You certified:

    I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
    are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
    personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
    maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
    this project or the open source license(s) involved.

    And if you think this doesn't cover Jon's patch you should also
    complain to LWN and the Linux Foundation who published data
    generated from the same datasets as Jon's patch.

    > Stefan Richter

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2008-07-30 14:51    [W:0.019 / U:183.416 seconds]