SubjectRe: [patch 01/15] kmsg: Kernel message catalog macros.
On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 01:30 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:53:56 +0200 Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> Numerous people want a facility like this for other-than-s390 use.
> Progress has been intermittent and appears to have stopped. The
> apparently-dead mailing list is archived here:
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/lf_kernel_messages/.
>
> I don't know what the future holds for that development effort, but the
> requirement won't go away. So one day someone is going to go and yank
> your implementation out of arch/s390 and into generic code.
>
> So I'd suggest that you start out that way.

Somehow I have hoped for an answer like that :-) The only thing that
we'd have to do is find a proper place for the kmsg header file,
include/linux/kmsg.h comes to mind. The kmsg-doc script can easily be
change to check for multiple documentation directories, I was thinking
about Documentation/kmsg/$ARCH for the architecture specific things and
Documentation/kmsg for the generic parts.

--
blue skies,
Martin.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans