SubjectImproving the existing /proc/loadavg metrics
Hi David Chinna,

I am Sena again who was with you at LogicaCMG. Last time I had few brief discussions with you in this same kernel forum. I was writing a serieal port protocol with Ben Goodman and then many modules with Ea as well. I have spoken to Stuart recently and they are still in Logica.

Again after many months I have just finished a kernel patch for the latest kernel 2.6.25.9 seperating Disk load and Cpu load. Also I have broken down load for each loggin user. This means the load is available for each login user. This is somthing many reserches in the past wanted to have for their research.

I had discussions with Robin Holt(Is he still wih you?) and then recently with Peter Williams. They all agreed in principle what I was introducing.

Also I was asked to submit a new kernel patch after making required changes.

I will send a copy to you as well.

I have almost finished my PhD on Grid Computing after a long time.

Sena
Computer Engineering Lab
Sydney University

--
This message was sent on behalf of auntvini@cel.usyd.edu.au at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/topic.html

  Last update: 2008-07-29 08:19    [W:0.547 / U:0.112 seconds]