SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.27-rc1
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 02:42:00PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> >
> > But will you accept this stuff now or will we have to wait until
> > next merge window?
>
> if the patches are really small adn the resulting build is well tested
> (ignoring the actual _move_ operation), I'm ok with taking them.

For arm the actual diff is:
Makefile | 20 +++++++-------------
boot/compressed/Makefile | 3 ---
tools/Makefile | 1 +

But on top of this there are ~600 files that needed a
replacement of:
#include <asm/arch/foo.h>
#include <arch/foo.h>

So maybe not such a minimal patch - because I wanted to drop all
the symlink stuff.

> In fact, in many ways I'd _prefer_ to do it now, rather than have it
> pending and then do it durign the next merge window when there are a lot
> of non-movement changes too.
>
> > Now is a good time as development just started for next kernel.
> > And testing is simple - does it build?
>
> Well, simple and simple. I'd love to see x86 done, but you yourself said
> you haven't even dared look at UM. Which is the thing that is most likely
> to have odd build things with direct symlinks etc.
>
> (But I haven't looked either. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's all trivial).
um i never trivial :-(
But I will give it a try - but I have to sleep first.

Sam

  Last update: 2008-07-30 00:01    [W:0.099 / U:0.024 seconds]