    SubjectRe: s390 hugetlb oops with libhugetlbfs test-suite
    On 29.07.2008 [19:22:43 +0200], Gerald Schaefer wrote:
    > On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 20:41 -0700, Nishanth Aravamudan wrote:
    > > Odd, this is the same kernel as last time, which wasn't tainted. The reason for
    > > the taint is the following:
    > >
    > > ------------[ cut here ]------------
    > > Badness at drivers/s390/cio/qdio_main.c:1361
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > This was fixed by our qdio developer recently, but the fix is not yet
    > upstream. However, I doubt that this is related to the hugetlbfs problem.

    Yeah, it didn't seem related, and the first dump I posted didn't trigger
    that badness.

    > I was able to reproduce the "Bad page state", with the current libhugetlbfs
    > development snapshot and your patch for s390. It only happened on machines
    > with software large page emulation, but we certainly have a problem there.
    > Thanks for reporting this bug and adding s390 support to libhugetlbfs, I
    > will look into this problem.

    Just FYI, I've merged up the patch that adds support and it is in the
    latest development snapshot of libhugetlbfs:
    http://libhugetlbfs.ozlabs.org/snapshots/libhugetlbfs-dev-20080729.tar.gz.
    Beyond the counters case, I saw one other issue on s390 (haven't
    confirmed if it happens anywhere else), the icache-hygiene test, when
    run manually a few times, will fail every so often claiming that one of
    the mmap()s returned ENOMEM. I haven't had time to track that down yet,
    but it might be because of the address space layout and the size of the
    hugepage on s390.

    Thanks,
    Nish

    --
    Nishanth Aravamudan <nacc@us.ibm.com>
    IBM Linux Technology Center

      Last update: 2008-07-29 23:49    [W:0.032 / U:150.560 seconds]