    SubjectRe: [patch 2/4] Configure out file locking features
    Matt Mackall wrote:
    > The typical embedded NFS-based devices are NAS servers and media players
    > and are going to be more concerned about things like page cache
    > balancing.

    Oh, those.

    It would be really annoying to buy a home NAS and find it doesn't
    support NFS locks or SMB oplocks. NASes are vaguely useful for more
    than one computer in the house at the same time.

    That said, I bought a big, expensive one, found it far too slow for my
    needs, send it back for a refund and bought a portable cheap USB disk
    which had *so* much higher performance. The convenience of serving
    multiple machines just wasn't worth the lousy performance.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2008-07-29 22:03    [W:3.150 / U:0.052 seconds]