    SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
    On 29-07-08 02:50, Jon Smirl wrote:

    >>> Why do these all end in (none)?
    >>> Craig Hughes <craig@com.rmk.(none)>
    >>> Dave Neuer <dneuer@org.rmk.(none)>
    >>> David Brownell <david-b@net.rmk.(none)>
    >>> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@org.rmk.(none)>
    >>> Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@net.rmk.(none)>
    >>> Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz@de.rmk.(none)>
    >> Because rmk rewrites addresses to comply with privacy laws. Another good
    >> example of why this nonsense of yours is exactly that.
    >> I checked and am personally in there three times, once even without any
    >> valid email address listed. And any time there's anything other than my
    >> gmail address in some submission it at least recently means that someone
    >> _else_ took my from: address and stuck it on there and while I don't
    >> terribly mind that generally, I find it really annoying to see even those
    >> mistakes harvested into your hugely google-accessible resource.

    [ .. ]

    > As for privacy, if you don't want your email address in a file like
    > this don't put it into a GPL'd public project.

    Like I told you, I don't. Others do. And while that's not a huge issue
    in itself, you harvesting it into your nicely formatted google and
    spam-base MAKES it an issue. Just stop this crap. Be away.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-29 12:41    [W:0.020 / U:24.772 seconds]