    SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
    On 7/28/08, Theodore Tso <> wrote:
    > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 06:08:33PM -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
    > > I didn't do this to measure statistics, I did it because I was writing
    > > a script and the script was getting garbage for input. It just had the
    > > side effect of cleaning up the statistics.
    > Out of curiosity, what is your script trying to do?

    I was trying to locate my patches in other private trees that were
    ready for deletion. I wanted to make sure there wasn't something good
    that I had forgotten about. I processed the output from 'git log' and
    got tripped up matching the author field because is was full of junk.
    My database background kicked in and I found myself on a tangent
    cleaning up the data.

    I have since learned about the existence of 'git shortlog' which
    solved my problem. But I had already cleaned up the data before
    finding it.

    > - Ted

    Jon Smirl

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-29 00:55    [W:0.027 / U:2.396 seconds]