    SubjectRe: post 2.6.26 requires pciehp_slot_with_bus
    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:38:32 +0900
    Kenji Kaneshige <kaneshige.kenji@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

    > Hi Pierre,
    > (Added linux-pci to CC)
    >
    > Pierre Ossman wrote:
    > > Somewhere post 2.6.26, pciehp started whining about not being able to
    > > claim the slot and error code -17. It suggested adding
    > > "pciehp_slot_with_bus", which actually helped. Still, having a kernel
    > > parameter should just be a temporary fix.
    >
    > The "pciehp_slot_with_bus" option is a workaround for the platforms
    > that assign the same physical slot number to multiple slots. If your
    > system has PCI chassis and it supports Chassis Number registers,
    > maybe one of the solution is using chassis number + slot number as a
    > slot name. But I don't have any idea other than "pciehp_slot_with_bus"
    > if your system doesn't support chassis number.

    The what now? :)

    This is a laptop with a single expressport that worked fine up until
    this merge window. What changed and why is it no longer possible to
    support this hardware without a kernel parameter?

    Rgds
    --
    -- Pierre Ossman

    Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
    rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

    WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
    Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
    for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
    encryption.

      Last update: 2008-07-24 22:41    [W:0.022 / U:3.340 seconds]