    SubjectRe: [Patch 0/4] IndustrialIO subsystem (ADCs, accelerometers etc)
    On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
    > * Software ring buffer support to allow semi regular capture of data form the
    >   device.  Typically this will be driven from either datardy events, or from
    >   a periodic timer interrupt (to this end a very simple wrapper for periodic
    >   RTC's is included. This will move to more generic timer interfaces as and when
    >   they become available.  For now available rtc's must be registered with the
    >   subsystem via the industrialio_register_ptimer function form within a board
    >   init.

    Could you elaborate a bit on why you'd want hardware supported
    periodic timers, rather than either an hrtimer or a timer?
    Maybe provide some real-world scenarios where those software
    abstractions are inappropriate.

    I can imagine numerous reasons, but those might not be yours...

    - Dave

      Last update: 2008-07-23 20:43    [W:0.028 / U:51.560 seconds]