SubjectRe: [Patch 0/4] IndustrialIO subsystem (ADCs, accelerometers etc)
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> The subsystem is now in a functional state with a small set of drivers:
>
> Max1363 (supports numerous Maxim i2c ADC's) (tested with max1363 and max1238 chips)
> - Uses a periodic timer to provide ring buffer mode.
> - All reads form these devices are scan modes so direct single element access
> is not provided.
> - Monitor mode on max1363 is not yet supported (need to do a bit debugging of
> the board I have so as to be able to test this).
>
> ST LIS3L02DQ - SPI accelerometer.
> - Uses a datardy interrupt to driver a software ring buffer.
> - Most functionality of this device is supported.
>
> VTI SCA3000 (tested with an e05)
> - Hardware ring buffer.

I'd like to see something done to have the common parts of interfaces of the
same class (e.g. accelerometers) be standard. Like hwmon does with
temp#_input, etc.

Otherwise you made it easier to write drivers, but did nothing to help
userspace to USE the drivers :-)

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2008-07-23 19:51    [W:0.188 / U:3.756 seconds]