    SubjectRe: [crash] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000370
    Patrick McHardy wrote:
    > Patrick McHardy wrote:
    >> David Miller wrote:
    >>> Maybe something like the following should do it?
    >> It looks correct in any case. I'm not sure whether it fixes
    >> this lockdep warning though, according to the backtrace and
    >> module list its b43 and dev_mc_sync in net/mac80211/main.c
    >> that are causing the error, which don't seem to be included
    >> in your patch. I'm unable to find where it previously
    >> initialized the xmit_lock lockdep class though, so I must
    >> be missing something :)
    > This is what I was missing, we're setting a lockdep class
    > by default depending on dev->type. This patch combined
    > with yours should fix all addr_list_lock warnings.

    No cigar yet. I tried davem's patch first, then yours on top of his. I still get
    both the recursive locking and the kernel warning.

    BTW, wireless doesn't work but if I plug in the wire, then networking is OK. It
    seems to be in mac80211, which is strange because I routinely run the latest
    wireless-testing kernel, and all the wireless bits should be there already.

    I'm still plugging away at the bisection. I think I got away from the kernel
    that won't build.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-21 23:53    [W:0.021 / U:12.996 seconds]