    SubjectRe: Please add ZFS support (from GPL sources)
    (Added back CCs)

    On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Fred . <eldmannen@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Kevin Winchester
    > <kjwinchester@gmail.com> wrote:

    >>> Yes, this offer is of course up to everyone interested. But it's not
    >>> purely an integration effort in the traditional sense, the grub
    >>> filesystem interface is quite different from the Linux one, and the code
    >>> structure and style is quite different. But if you're willing to learn
    >>> it should be very interesting.
    >>>

    >> No one else seems to have volunteered, so I would certainly like to
    >> give it a try. I guess I need to get the ZFS grub code, create a ZFS
    >> filesystem, and start looking around for information on linux
    >> filesystem development and ZFS (obviously without looking at any CDDL
    >> licensed code).
    >>
    >> Once I get a handle on that, I'll see where I can get before I need to
    >> ask a thousand questions.
    >>
    > Code can be found here;
    > * http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/grub/grub-0.95/stage2/
    >
    > But it may be covered by patents by Sun. So maybe not allowed make an
    > implementation. :(
    > Maybe you should consult SFLC (Software Freedom Law Center) first or something.

    I would have no idea of the legal implications here. Do I really need
    to get the lawyers involved just to use GPLv2 code from another
    project in linux?

    --
    Kevin Winchester

      Last update: 2008-07-21 16:43    [W:0.034 / U:179.508 seconds]