SubjectRe: [GIT]: Networking
James Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>

>> This is only the NETFILTER_ADVANCED=n default (for SECURITY=y).
>> The netfilter defaults for NETFILTER_ADVANCED=n should be m/y for
>> things that are needed by mainstream distributions for normal
>> usage.
>>
>> I'm not sure how this is going to be used, James?
>>

> I think the idea now is that everything new is N by default, but the
> intention is to have this enabled in Fedora/RHEL.

Well, this option (NETFILTER_ADVANCED) was introduced specifically
so Linus doesn't have to go through and enable all the netfilter
options manually :)

The idea was that NETFILTER_ADVANCED=n enables everything needed
by mainstream distributions and hides the rest. We can certainly
change the default for this option, but that makes NETFILTER_ADVANCED
pretty much useless.

> Patrick, would you please fix this up? The only dev box I have access to
> at the moment doesn't boot with recent git (I think it's the macbook2
> issue).

Sure. I'd like to hear whether Linus still wants this changed though.

  Last update: 2008-07-21 14:09    [W:0.214 / U:1.200 seconds]