    SubjectRe: [bug, netconsole, SLUB] BUG skbuff_head_cache: Poison overwritten
    On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
    > the problem is, most of the crashes dont come with any usable dump. This
    > is a laptop so netconsole is the only reliable route out - and if
    > something in networking crashes chances are that it hoses netconsole
    > before it can get anything out.
    >
    > Another thing is that i'm activating netconsole on this box via a kernel
    > boot line and from within a bzImage (to get it activated as early as
    > possible) - maybe that's a tad too early for certain initialization
    > sequences?
    >
    > I could try run tests with netconsole deactivated, if you think that's a
    > worthwile line of probing this problem. (although that would make me do
    > blind tests in essence - having kernel log output is really essential.)

    How about posting your custom patches for public review? :-D

    (There was recently an odd case of kzalloc() succeeding even though it
    was called before the slab caches were initialized -- and it only
    generated a warning about irqs-on happening too early. I just mean to
    say that it _can_ happen. On another machine, it crashed
    spectacularly. I guess you're not enabling the netconsole before slab
    allocator is up?)

    Vegard

    --
    "The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
    the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it

      Last update: 2008-07-21 13:07    [W:0.082 / U:30.196 seconds]