SubjectBUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference - 2.6.25.7
Hi

Last week I currently found our new server not responding to any of it's
services,
so I went to data center to check on the server. I figured out that the
logs had a line printing out that
this was a kernel bug (kernel.log) [1].

I tried upgrading to 2.6.26 release - but server died again on saturday,
so going to check
logs later today (Monday) to see if it's another kernel bug popping up.

I scp'ed the logs [2] over to one of my other servers so you guys can
see if there's anything useful there.

The system also runs on raid1 with mdadm and if I dont remember right,
the hardware should be
an Intel Core2 Quad (Q6600) @ 2.4 GHz, 4GB of memory and motherboard of
type P35 chipset,
motherboard P35C-DS3 [3] (I think) by Gigabyte. System is running Debian
Stable with some packages
from backports, and compiled kernel myself from sources fetched from
ftp.uio.no.

I'll provide more hardware information when I reboot the server, so I
can run lspci, lshw, dpkg -l to provide
you guys with more information as I guess that would be nice. Anything
else I should run?

NB: This is my first time posting to the list, and as far I understand,
there is no need to run
the oops thru ksymoops since I'm running 2.6 branch of the kernel.
Anyway, I'll gladly try to
send more details - just tell me what todo and I'll give it a try.

NB2: I'll probably fall back to standard Debian kernel (2.6.18 I think)
(build from sources with my config) until I know what's causing this.

[1] http://www.norrs.no/kroton/kern.kroton
[2] http://www.norrs.no/kroton/
[3]
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2633

--
Roy Sindre Norangshol

  Last update: 2008-07-21 05:43    [W:0.038 / U:0.488 seconds]