SubjectRe: dsdt buggy acpi
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:48:20PM +0300, Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:09:35 +0100
>> Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
>> > We've made a huge number of workarounds for buggy DSDT
>> > implementations.
>>
>> Of course, I myself used a custom DSDT for my laptop. But I was saying
>> that these workarounds generally do not belong to the kernel realm.
>
> Of course they do. Nothing else is going to fix them up.
>
>> This isn't the regular "Pentium F00F bug" stuff; instead bugs in DSDTs
>> consist of compiling issues, non-standard compliant, plainly bad
>> code, Windows-only stuff, which can all be unique for every model of a
>> laptop for example. While the kernel may be able to get around some of
>> that stuff, the kernel won't have any Asus, Acer etc. specific
>> workarounds.
>
> Windows doesn't have any Asus/Acer/whatever workarounds either. We just
> need to be compatible with the Windows implementation. There's a
> minority of cases where that isn't good enough, but almost every DSDT
> issue can (and should) be handled by Linux if the machine works under
> Windows.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

Hello; what info is supplied with EFI i.g. I'm using a macbook pro.
After looking at:
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php I was unable to locate
anything with apple, or at least
couldn't find the manufacture number.
If somebody has already done this, I was wondering if it would be O.K.
if I can attached my dsdt.dsl with the errors,
and my explanation of what I changed, just so If I did something
completely wrong
I can adjust it, So I can feel at ease knowing that it's correct.
regards;
--
Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2008-07-02 18:33    [W:0.051 / U:1.576 seconds]