    SubjectHow to figure READONLY kernel space address/page

    Hi there,

    I would like to figure out if a kernel space address is within a READONLY
    page (even for kernel usage).
    The code is within an LKM, so I guess I'm a bit constraint to exported
    kernel methods.
    I can see the pgtbl entry holding such information, but could not figure out
    how to get pte_t* from a kernel address.

    One other thing I'm confused with is "what methods/symbols could I use
    within an LKM"? (The LKM is build out of kernel build).
    Some articles suggested the /proc/kallsyms searching for the _T_ symbols,
    but from my short experience it doesn't correspond.
    Could you enlighten this issue?

    Btw,
    I'm very new to the Linux kernel.

    Thx,