SubjectHow to figure READONLY kernel space address/page

Hi there,

I would like to figure out if a kernel space address is within a READONLY
page (even for kernel usage).
The code is within an LKM, so I guess I'm a bit constraint to exported
kernel methods.
I can see the pgtbl entry holding such information, but could not figure out
how to get pte_t* from a kernel address.

One other thing I'm confused with is "what methods/symbols could I use
within an LKM"? (The LKM is build out of kernel build).
Some articles suggested the /proc/kallsyms searching for the _T_ symbols,
but from my short experience it doesn't correspond.
Could you enlighten this issue?

I'm very new to the Linux kernel.

Sent from the linux-kernel mailing list archive at