    SubjectRe: Current git fails to compile
    Dhaval Giani wrote:
    > This patch also pulls the pmd preallocation and mop-up functions out
    > to be common, assuming that the compiler will generate no code for
    > them when PREALLOCTED_PMDS is 0.

    Well, there's nothing particularly special in that code. The only
    slightly complex requirement on the compiler is that it notice that a
    0-iteration for loop is a do-nothing, and that it eliminate the code.
    And that's not really a requirement, it's just nice to have.

    The fact that your compiler is warning about an unused variable in an
    unused function suggests that it isn't doing this (I'm assuming your
    config has CONFIG_X86_PAE=n). But there are no inline asms or other
    things which traditionally cause compilers to fall over.

    So, I'm not really sure what to do about this. Any chance of using a
    newer compiler?

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-18 16:37    [W:0.020 / U:37.592 seconds]