SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Linux Power Management Mini-Summit -- Ottawa -- July 22, 2008
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:27:32PM -0400, Len Brown wrote:
> We'll be in The Rideau Suite in Les-Suites
> Tuesday July 22nd 8:30-18:30.
>
> Thanks to HP for sponsoring
> lunch at 12:30 as well as snacks at 10:00 and 15:30.
> We'll wing it for dinner.
>
> On linux-pm (sorry, on sabbatical I've been
> bad about keeping up on email) I've seen
> intent to attend from:
>
> Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
> Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
> Dipankar Sarma <dipankar@in.ibm.com>
> Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
> "Woodruff, Richard" <r-woodruff2@ti.com>
> Vaidyanathan Srinivasan <svaidy@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com>
> Jarod Wilson <jwilson@redhat.com>
> Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
> Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>
> Hiroyuki Machida <Hiroyuki.Mach@gmail.com>

Hi Len,
I would like to attend the pm-mini summit if there's a slot available. I
am interested in discussing:

a) the improvements to idle load balancing
algorithm on multi-node multi-core systems, for better power savings.

b) Use of some kind of light-weight CPU-Hotplug for power-management
on server systems.