SubjectRe: ext3 on latest -git: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000c
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:00:07PM +0200, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Ok run dumpe2fs -h on your image and see if you have a line that says
> >
> > Errors behavior: Continue
> >
> > if you do run tune2fs -e remount-ro and then do the mount. That would explain
> > why you are still having panics even though we should be aborting the journal.
> > Thanks,
>
> Ahh, that probably explains it. I didn't realize there was such a thing.
>
> I am doing random-corruption tests, so it is quite possible that this
> bit gets set anywhere along the road...
>
> But even so, is it correct that the kernel should crash? It seems
> quite possible that error behaviour can change (like this) even with
> "normal" corruption, e.g. outside my test scripts.

Yeah thats a hard to answer question, one that I will leave up to others who
have been doing this much longer than I. My thought is remount-ro is there to
keep you from crashing, so if you have errors=continue then you expect to live
with the consequences. Course if that bit gets flipped via corruption thats not
good either. Thanks,

Josef

  Last update: 2008-07-17 17:53    [W:0.053 / U:0.308 seconds]