    SubjectRe: ext3 on latest -git: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000c
    On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:00:07PM +0200, Vegard Nossum wrote:
    > On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com> wrote:
    > > Ok run dumpe2fs -h on your image and see if you have a line that says
    > >
    > > Errors behavior: Continue
    > >
    > > if you do run tune2fs -e remount-ro and then do the mount. That would explain
    > > why you are still having panics even though we should be aborting the journal.
    > > Thanks,
    >
    > Ahh, that probably explains it. I didn't realize there was such a thing.
    >
    > I am doing random-corruption tests, so it is quite possible that this
    > bit gets set anywhere along the road...
    >
    > But even so, is it correct that the kernel should crash? It seems
    > quite possible that error behaviour can change (like this) even with
    > "normal" corruption, e.g. outside my test scripts.

    Yeah thats a hard to answer question, one that I will leave up to others who
    have been doing this much longer than I. My thought is remount-ro is there to
    keep you from crashing, so if you have errors=continue then you expect to live
    with the consequences. Course if that bit gets flipped via corruption thats not
    good either. Thanks,

    Josef

      Last update: 2008-07-17 17:53    [W:0.020 / U:89.496 seconds]