SubjectRe: ext3 on latest -git: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000c
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Josef Bacik <jbacik@redhat.com> wrote:
> Ok run dumpe2fs -h on your image and see if you have a line that says
>
> Errors behavior: Continue
>
> if you do run tune2fs -e remount-ro and then do the mount. That would explain
> why you are still having panics even though we should be aborting the journal.
> Thanks,

Ahh, that probably explains it. I didn't realize there was such a thing.

I am doing random-corruption tests, so it is quite possible that this
bit gets set anywhere along the road...

But even so, is it correct that the kernel should crash? It seems
quite possible that error behaviour can change (like this) even with
"normal" corruption, e.g. outside my test scripts.

But I cannot even run dumpe2fs on my image (even with -f switch):

dumpe2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open disk

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it