SubjectRe: Please pull ACPI updates
Date
On Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:53:55 pm Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Well, I haven't actually seen Len's original tree, so maybe the stuff
> > Andi pushed was just the stuff he had queued up independently. I guess I
> > shouldn't judge before I'm sure.
>
> No, he rebased it - the three commits you shared are now separate ones.

Well, I could have misunderstood what we talked about; I guess I just assumed
Andi & I would chat before sending out our pull requests. I'll be sure to
coordinate better next time.

> Most of the conflicts seem to have been due tot he x86 tree changes
> though. But it seems I didn't mess up too much: at least the result booted
> for me without complaints. So I pushed out my resolution.
>
> Jesse, can you please double-check it?

Just looked, seems fine. I'd pat you on the head to reassure you about it,
but my arms aren't quite long enough...

I'll dig around some more for git best practices too. Based on what I've seen
of the x86 tree I don't have nearly enough branches (though on the plus side,
I almost never rebase since I don't want to hose any downstream users, and I
don't merge from your tree until after you've pulled to avoid cluttering up
the log).

Thanks,
Jesse

  Last update: 2008-07-17 04:29    [W:1.310 / U:0.068 seconds]