SubjectRe: s2disk: system powers up again after power off
Date
On Wednesday, 16 of July 2008, Avuton Olrich wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

> >> Anything a little less fancy? I use pm-hibernate, or gnome's Power
> >> Manager to hibernate; I don't even have s2disk installed, sorry I
> >> should have mentioned that.
> >
> > Martin mentioned s2disk in his original post. Never mind.
> >
> > Please try to do "echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk" before hibernation and
> > see what happens.
>
> Well, that certainly works (powers off as expected). Should I be
> putting this in my startup scripts or is there something I need to do
> to help fix this problem, kernel-wise?

The problem is probably that in the "platform" mode, which is the default,
some devices are set up for wake-up and they trigger that immediately after
powering off. I think we can figure out which devices do it and try to provide
a fix, but that will certainly take time.

In the meantime, if there are no adverse effects of using the "shutdown" mode
on your box, I'd recommend putting the "echo ..." into startup or hibernation
scripts.

BTW, is the problem also present in linux-next?

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-07-16 01:33    [W:0.049 / U:0.124 seconds]