    SubjectRe: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000000000000e (reset_prng_context)
    On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 01:44:07PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
    > From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
    >
    > > i have just triggered this crash too. Please, when you know about bootup
    > > crashes in your code send a patch to the lkml thread so that people can
    > > apply it and have a working system.
    > >
    > > Note that the new crypto/prng.c driver has very bad quality:
    > >
    > > total: 45 errors, 21 warnings, 1 checks, 410 lines checked
    > >
    > > It has tons of completely unacceptable code mistakes in it.
    >
    > I think we should merge new drivers as aggressively as possible.

    Well, I don't have strong opinion about this exact statement, but

    Ingo, COULD YOU PLEASE PERSONALLY FUCKING STOP THIS
    CHECKPATCH.PL-AS-INDICATOR HORSESHIT !

    Every damn single warning in this case is about whitespace or 80 column limit.

    Every damn single one!

    The hacker of your calibre should know the difference between whitespace-bad code
    and bug-ridden-bad code.

    What are those unacceptable mistakes?

    Don't read the code again, what are those mistakes?

    I _very_ briefly looked at prng.c and place I find wrong it passing
    "int nbytes" to get_prng_bytes(). It should be unsigned at least.

    checkpatch.pl says about this? Suuuure, it does...

      Last update: 2008-07-15 23:55    [W:0.033 / U:29.416 seconds]